Tuesday, 29 May 2012 06:28
This is a wonderful recipe to make low carb naan breads using the LC White Bread Flour.
|Low Carb Garlic Naan Bread
Prep time: 50 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 3 cups of LC White Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 40g ghee
- Add all dry ingredients together and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together then mix the 2 together. Mix with a spatula until it comes together and then knead for 5 minutes to develop the gluten.
- After gluten has developed, set aside and allow to rise for 45 mins.
- Add 40g of the ghee and knead until the ghee is mixed in (approx 2 minutes)
- Divide into 8 equal portions and roll out or push out into the shape you desire (naan should be about 3mm thick)
- Place on a greased warmed tray and put in the oven for 8 mins at 180°C until puffed and slightly golden brown.
You can brush with extra ghee and garlic (cooked for 30 secs in a hot saucepan) to make garlic naans