Low Carb Springrolls (Almost)
Friday, 08 February 2013 17:28
So I wanted to make some low carb springrolls, found me a recipe for springroll pastry and went about it. Unfortunately they didn’t crisp up like spring rolls, and I think I maybe needed to roll it a LOT thinner! But … they were delicious. We branded this one a true success even though they turned out to be something other than springrolls.
|Low Carb Springrolls (Almost)
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 2 cups LC Pasta Flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS water
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 TBS peanut oil
- 600g chicken mince
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- For the pastry – Mix eggs, pasta flour and 2 TBS water together in a bowl.
- Knead for 2 mins or until it becomes uniform in consistency.
- Refridgerate the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, cook your filling!
- Heat peanut oil in a pan and cook onion and chicken mince, Add all other ingredients except the coconut cream and allow to simmer and for liquid to evaporate.
- Turn off heat and add coconut cream and stir.
- Remove pastry from fridge and cut into 24 small pieces. Roll each piece out as thin as you can.
- Fill with mince mixture and wrap, making sure you tuck the ends in.
- You can freeze these at this stage if you wish.
- Heat oil either in a pan or deep dryer and cook until browned on the outside.
Serving size: 2 springrolls Calories: 190 Fat: 10.8g Saturated fat: 2.8g Carbohydrates: 2.2g Protein: 20.4g